It’s pea season! Try this Pea Scotch Egg recipe!
Here at KUDOS Delivered we only use ingredients when they’re at their best, so we can provide you with the freshest, most delicious, locally sourced food for your office catering in London.
Did you know that green peas are bursting with nutrients and the month of May is when they’re at their best?
In season, juicy green peas are rich in flavour, keep their natural nutrients and contain good quality protein and carbohydrates – making great meat substitutes for vegetarian dishes. They can be used in a variety of meals, from soups to a stir-fry, so what’s not to love about this super little vegetable?
Why not take advantage of this delicious in season vegetable with our Pea Scotch Egg recipe:
4 x quail eggs
100g of peas
10g white wine vinegar
4 sprigs of mint
100 ml milk
1 whole egg
1 litre of vegetable oil
- Bring water to boil, then place the quail egg in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes 15 seconds.
- Place the quail egg in ice water with 10 grams of vinegar and leave to sit for 10 minutes, then peel,
- Blanch the peas, then blend them and gently bind the pea around the quail’s egg,
- You’ll need three separate bowls; use the first one for the flour, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the breadcrumbs in another bowl. Then crack open your egg into another separate bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Very gently dip the pea quail egg in the flour, then into the egg, and lastly the breadcrumbs. Repeat the process for all eggs.
- Leave to set in the fridge and bring the vegetable oil to 170C and then fry the pea Scotch egg.
Try it and we’re sure you won’t be disappointed. These small bites are a hit at our events! We’re specialists in party catering in London; from office meetings to corporate events, so why not check out our menus and give our friendly team a call on: 020 7334 3938